EDC communication module for water meters
The EDC module is a clip-on module for secure remote reading to integrate water meters in Smart Metering AMR/AMI Systems by pulser, M-bus or radio (wireless M-bus).
The Electronic Data Capture (EDC) module for non reactive, electronic pulse detection of all the ZENNER water meters whose registers are equipped with modulator disc enables a secure remote reading and the integration of water meters in Smart-Metering measurement systems.
The EDC module was developped for:
- Single-jet dry dial meters ETKD/ETWD
- Multi-jet dry dial meters MTKD/MTWD
- Positive displacement meters RTKD
- Bulk meters WPHD / WSD
- Wireless M-Bus radio module according to DIN EN 13757-4
- Wireless LoRaWAN® radio module (868 MHz) and wireless Sigfox radio module (868 MHz)
- Wired M-Bus-module, EN 13757-3
- Pulse module with forward and reverse flow detection
- Combined M-Bus and pulse module
- Wireless remote readout of water meters with walk-by or drive-by system
- Remote reading of the meters via M-Bus Systems
- Remote reading via GSM module
- Accurate metering of fluids in the industrial and commercial segment
- Information of the flow volume and consumption by the means of transducer
The water meter can be equipped with the required EDC module during manufacturing or afterwards, receiving a retrofit module
The configuration of the EDC module in case of retrofitting for example is made via the optical interface by using the ZENNER MinoConnect with ZENNER IrCombiHead and the configuration software GMM. Alternative software solutions on request.